-
July 8th, 2003, 07:06 PM
#31
HB Forum Owner
I think it's a 6-7 price, in a scale of 0=Worst for you, 5=Fair, 10=Best for you. I looked at the price of the stuff you're getting in a shop (and used the price I paid for the modchip) to compare.
-
July 9th, 2003, 12:35 AM
#32
Inactive Member
Any good GCN or PS2 VGA box recommends?
-
July 9th, 2003, 12:58 AM
#33
HB Forum Owner
I haven't had any experience with any of them, nor I've read any comments, so I can't recommend, but I know both of them, and you should be able to get both for about $60 ($190 less than that Component to VGA adapter!).
-
July 9th, 2003, 03:03 AM
#34
Inactive Member
BTW, opinion wquestion.
For mybirthday, should I get a large computer monitor -say 20inch or above-, then spend rest of my money on a AudioAudigy Component to VGA -250$-, so I can play my GCN and PS2 games with VGA? is the quality really worth it when compared to my GCN's S-Video?
I used - instead of parentheses since the HTML tag crap >_<
-
July 9th, 2003, 03:17 AM
#35
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">Originally posted by Xellos:
I need help...
How do I take a pic of a movie</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've found a solution to that trouble, It has to see with the hardware acceleration. it is very long to explain here, but i know 2 ways to solve it.
Either you have animation shop pro or you have the real player (that program to play RM files, or RAM links...)
In Animation Shop you can open the archive you want to extract the image from, but you need to know which exact frame, which usually is pretty hard.
in Real player, you can try and disable all the hardware optimizations referring to the monitor, and the graphics card, and play the file from there, then, you only need to "print screen" and paste the image into PS. then, you may have the screen correctly captured.
I also had those troubles til i figured it was a hardware matter, then, i tried disabling the hardware, and voila! that is the result!
You can alter that in an menu called "preferences" in some tab of the Real player.
------------------------------
About the question of the VGA monitor, i think it is worth playing a game in a monitor, you can see ALL the details a game has (for example, the skull on the tip of venom's stick in GGXX... or even their eyes..) it is just like if you were playing a PC game, but at 640x480 pixels.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 08, 2003 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Melfice ]</font>
-
July 9th, 2003, 03:36 AM
#36
Inactive Member
Thanks Mel! ^__^
So 500 bucks for the VGA and CPU monitor...
BTW, can anyone recommend me some good monitors?
-
July 9th, 2003, 02:16 PM
#37
Inactive Member
Dunno, the only VGA BOX i know is the DC one, and it is a highly recomendable extra for the console.
Not obstant, seems that exist converters that change RF/SCART/S-Video signal into VGA, in that meaning, then, the quality WON'T be the same as playing with a pure VGA signal (as DC had) so, i don't know if it would be recomendable to have them or not.
I'd tell you to check it before you get it, if you have the chance.
-
July 10th, 2003, 11:27 AM
#38
Inactive Member
Did you guys miss my PAL / NTSC question? [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
July 10th, 2003, 01:50 PM
#39
Inactive Member
I don't really know any of that, but I thinkw hy you never see any of the RPGs we mention, is because most that we mention are out in US and Japan right now, but not anywhere else :/
-
July 10th, 2003, 01:57 PM
#40
Inactive Member
It depends on the TV, the truth is that most moderns TVs can reproduce either NTSC or PAL, though they are designed to give the best performance on one of those formats. So, you should be able to play NTSC games on a PAL TV (though, it may happen that if the TV is very old, then, you can't see the NTSC games)
Also, the anti-territorial hack for the consoles uses to allow you to play PAL and NTSC games on PAL consoles indiferently.
So, you should not have any trouble. Does that solve your question?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks